Chip'N'Dale's Campfire Sing-A-Long at Fort Wilderness Campground
Did you know that the Fort Wilderness Campground hosts a nightly Campfire Sing-A-Long and movie? It's absolutely amazing and from my own family's experience it can totally be a pause, restart and refresh to your trip.
2007 was the first time we had the pleasure of experiencing this little gem tucked away in the trees at the Fort Wilderness Campground. We were on an amazing Disney vacation with our daughter and my husband's family. This was our daughter's first trip and she was only four.
Day after day, we pounded the Disney pavement and packed in as much fun and food as we could. Then BOOM! Our daughter just couldn't keep up with our scheduled events. We made the decision to break away from the group and go find something that was a little bit low key and where she could just kind of stretch out and explore. We were staying in the Fort Wilderness Resort and came across the campfire sing-a-long and movie night in the printed materials available to us.
Off we went to have an adventure. Excited and relaxed as our sassy four year old lead the way on to the boat to discover new territory at the Fort Wilderness Campground.
When we arrived she was able to join in the fun with clapping, singing, dancing and stomping to the music. She was even invited to join the Cowgirl on stage to help lead the songs. We roasted marshmallows and made s'mores with a kit we were able to purchase right there on site. We met Chip'n'Dale and got autographs and then settled in for a family movie. It was absolutely the best thing we could have done to reset and recharge to be able to continue the rest of our vacation with a happy girl!
Disney is the happiest place on earth, but it can also be very overwhelming for these precious little souls that we have the privilege to care for. One of the greatest advantages of the campground is that it is a super fun place to be without being a jolt to their system. They can laugh and have fun but also get a much needed sensory break. As a mom, I highly recommend keeping this one on your bucket list of to-do adventures in Disney.
Things to Know Before You Go ...
• It is free. You do not have to be a Disney Resort Guest to take advantage of this awesome event.
• It happens every night at 7:00 PM weather permitting, but it is wise to check for movie schedules with the Front Desk at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, or call (407) WDW-PLAY or (407) 939-7529
• You are welcome to bring blankets, snacks or camping chairs to get cozy and enjoy this fun evening! There are also benches provided.
• If you are a current resort guest with an activated refillable mug, you can bring it with you and fill it at several locations at the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds - P&J's Southern Takeout, Cocoa & Coffee Machines @ The Meadow Gift Shop and the soda refill stations at the pool.
• Chip'N'Dale are the characters present and will do autographs before the movie begins.
• Bring your own snacks or enjoy the Chuck Wagon Snack Bar! S'mores kits can be purchased at the gift shop near Pioneer Hall and the one at The Meadows will have everything you need.
• Remember, in the chance that you might see rain, to bring those ponchos, parkas or umbrellas.